Established in 1839, the Royal Agricultural & Horticultural Society of South Australia contributes to the success and promotion of primary industry through the staging of events and rewarding of excellence. Celebrating its 175th anniversary in 2014, the RA&HS is one of the oldest and most respected rural based organisations in Australia. It has staged over 240 Royal Shows, more than 130 Wine Shows and hosted countless events and exhibitions.
Donors can choose to direct their bequest to a variety of areas, including:
- Royal Agricultural & Horticultural Society Education Foundation & Scholarship Fund
Supporting and encouraging youth to further their education in Primary Industries.
- Royal Agricultural & Horticultural Society Archives Foundation
Established for the preservation and conservation of the Society’s & State’s rural records.
- Adelaide Showground Environmentally Sustainable Building Development Fund
Continue to develop the venue’s environmental elements of an internationally recognised standard.
- Royal Adelaide Show & Royal Adelaide Wine Show Trophy Endowment Fund
Rewarding and encouraging Royal Show and Wine Show competition winners.
- To be used at the Society’s absolute discretion
A not-for-profit organisation providing a connection between the country and city.
Donations to the Society’s Scholarship Fund (a division of the Education Foundation) and Archives Foundations are tax deductable.